The next Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Course is offered virtually on May 7th and 14th from 2-8pm and May 8th and 15th from 8:30am-5pm CST.
A Faith Community Nurse (FCN) can do so much for a church family, creating an atmosphere of wellness and vibrancy. FCN is a specialty of nursing that focuses on the intentional care of the spirit and whole-person health from a faith perspective. Some examples of how FCNs may achieve this is through:
- Home and hospital visits and calls,
- Educational offerings to church members and/or the wider community,
- Connection to community resources,
- Care group facilitation,
- Baby blankets and prayer shawl ministry,
- Mental health care,
- Blood pressure screenings,
- Parenting classes,
- Support of clergy and ministry leaders,
- Evidence-based wellness workshops,
- Volunteer coordination,
- Much much more.
If you are interested, take the first step by talking to a FCN in your area, ministry leaders you work with, or checking out the website: https://www.centracare.com/services/spiritual-care-services/faith-community-nursing/
It always works well to have a team interested in health and wellness; register for the Foundations of FCN class with a friend and get a discount!
Some comments from past participants:
- The most beneficial/enjoyable training I have EVER been a part of. I can't say THANK YOU enough!!
- What I learned is invaluable.
- Hard saying goodbye to this group!
- Great teacher. Knowledgeable, enthusiastic and inclusive.
- I plan to use the on-line resources and all resources often.